Welcome to www.thefashionleague.co.uk. The Fashion League website and related services are made available to you in accordance with the following Terms & Conditions. By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any Orders placed by you are bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully before placing your order.
Please note that these Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
The advertising of products on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat”; and your order for products constitutes a contractual offer. No contract will come into force between you and us unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedure detailed below.
In order to enter into a contract to purchase products from us, you will need to take the following steps:
- You must add any the products you wish to purchase to your shopping cart, and then proceed to the checkout.
- If you are a new customer, you must then create an account with us and log in; if you are an existing customer, you must enter your login details.
- Once you are logged in, you must confirm your order and your consent to these terms of sale.
- You will be transferred to the Sage Pay website, and they will handle your payment;
- We will then send you an initial acknowledgment.
- Once we have checked whether we are able to meet your order, we will either send you an order confirmation (at which point your order will become a binding contract) or we will confirm by email that we are unable to meet your order.
We will not file a copy of these terms of sale specifically in relation to your order. We may update the version of these terms of sale on the website from time to time, and we do not guarantee that the version you have agreed to will remain accessible. We therefore recommend that you download, print and retain a copy of these terms of sale for your records.
Before you place your order, you will have the opportunity of identifying whether you have made any input errors by reviewing the contents of the shopping cart. You may correct those input errors before placing your order by editing the shopping cart and updating your changes.
Price and payment
Prices for products are quoted on our website. If we discover an error in the price of any products which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the Products, you will receive a full refund. Where applicable, prices are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate.
Payment must be made upon the submission of your order. We may withhold the products and/or cancel the contract between us if the price is not received from you in full in cleared funds.
Delivery costs will be charged when you place an order. Delivery costs are displayed where applicable and included in the total price you pay.
The prices on the website exclude all value added taxes (where applicable).
Payment for all products must be made by following the instructions on the website.
Prices for products are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect contracts which have come into force.
All orders are subject to availability. All prices advertised are subject to change.
Purchases for goods and/or services you make with Designer-Producers may only be paid for using a debit or credit card through The Fashion League’s payment facility (or any other payment method which The Fashion League may make available from time to time). In accepting or otherwise processing your payments related to the purchase of items from Designer-Producers, The Fashion League act in the capacity as commercial agent of the Designer-Producer. The Designer-Producer acknowledges and agrees that the valid payment by you to The Fashion League for the purchase of item(s) between you and the Designer-Producer will satisfy your obligation to pay the Designer-Producer for the relevant item(s) and consequently, any debt obligations owed by you to the Designer-Producer for the purchase of such items shall be extinguished at that time. The Designer-Producer further agrees that it will not seek recourse (legal or otherwise) against you for payment of items if you have validly paid The Fashion League. All prices shall be shown in the applicable currency and payable in that currency. You accept that some banks may charge you an additional fee for certain transactions (for example, international transactions). You accept that item prices in the currencies displayed do not vary according to your location; delivery charges will vary depending on the destination to choose to have the item delivered. For delivery destinations within the EU prices include VAT or other sales taxes where applicable.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
COOKIE name COOKIE Description
CART The association with your shopping cart.
CATEGORY_INFO Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
COMPARE The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
CURRENCY Your preferred currency
CUSTOMER An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
CUSTOMER_AUTH An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
CUSTOMER_INFO An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS Stores the Customer Segment ID
EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
FRONTEND You sesssion ID on the server.
GUEST-VIEW Allows guests to edit their orders.
LAST_CATEGORY The last category you visited.
LAST_PRODUCT The most recent product you have viewed.
NEWMESSAGE Indicates whether a new message has been received.
NO_CACHE Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
POLL The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
POLLN Information on what polls you have voted on.
RECENTLYCOMPARED The items that you have recently compared.
STF Information on products you have emailed to friends.
STORE The store view or language you have selected.
VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS The products that you have recently viewed.
WISHLIST An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
WISHLIST_CNT The number of items in your Wishlist.
- By uploading and/or transmitting a Submission, you agree that your Submission is non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be posted, displayed, or considered for posting or display by The Fashion League on the Website, Associated Websites and Applications. The Fashion League is under no obligation to post or display your Submission or to notify you if we do, or do not, post or display your Submission.
- The Fashion League reserves the right to disclose your identity to a third party that claims your Submission breaches their intellectual property or other rights or their right to privacy.
- You understand that The Fashion League has no obligation to monitor Submissions. However, Fashion League reserves the right at all times to disclose any Submission as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request or to whom The Fashion League believes it is under a duty to disclose, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove from the Website any Submission, in whole or in part, that in The Fashion League’s sole discretion is or may be considered objectionable or in any way violate the Terms.
- If you make a Submission, upload or transmit offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the Website or otherwise engage in any objectionable and/or disruptive behavior on the Website, and The Fashion League considers such behavior to be serious and/or repeated, The Fashion League may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer or email provider about the infringement(s).
- The Fashion League reserves the right in its sole discretion to take action against any person that uses the Website, at any time, for any reason.
- We request that you notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or any abuse reporter function on the Website if you notice that any Submissions are, or may be considered, obscene, offensive or objectionable or if you think a Submission may be unauthorized in any way.